Monday, March 9, 2009

WOW, Just when I thought the procrastination couldn't get any worse...

Geez, I even had a dream I had posted in my blog. Imagine my surprise when there is nothing here, lol! My back and leg still hurt to sit for any long period of time, so I am updating on my laptop. I will have to add pictures later from the desktop computer.

Let's see here's my not so quick life update...

January 12th I was released from Physical therapy, woo-hoo!!

January 27th my stepdad lost his battle with Alzheimer's and Cancer :( My mom, who is amazing by the way, took such good care of Bill he was able to stay at home until the Friday before he passed away. I am so proud of her, that was one of Bill's wishes, to stay at home as long as possible. My mom has a bunch of pictures we had displayed at the services and I am hoping to get her to put them in a scrapbook, but she still doesn't "get" scrapping :) The fire department and Masons honored Bill by having a little service at the funeral home, then the fire department escorted us to the cemetery. It was very touching. My mom is doing pretty well, she only lives 2 miles away so we have been hanging out a lot lately.

Febuary 7th my work hosted a night at the Washington Capitals (hockey) game in Washington DC. It was my first hockey game and it was awesome!! I am hooked on hockey now :) The only bad part was the seats were really cramped and high up. There was only 1 row behind us and John could reach the roof of the Verizon center when he stood up, lol!! I tweaked my back at the game:(

February 14th - I went back to Weight Watchers and really seem to be into it this time. The only positive thing about the back pain is it kills my appetite. I've lost 16.7 lbs in 2 weeks:)

February 22nd - My mom had a dinner for my aunt Charlotte's birthday. It was really nice to get together with the whole family without the stresses and racing around the holidays seem to bring.

February 28th - John's oldest son, John, Jr., turned 23, holy cow, where does the time go???? John took the boys out to dinner and had a great time, I stayed home on the heating pad and rested.

March 2nd - We got 6-8" of snow, it was great to sit home and watch it snow.

March 3rd - After numerous attempts at getting my $%^&* insurance company to approve my MRI (apparently I didn't have enough pain) I finally got an MRI of my back. I have a disc herniation at L4 (in English - the bulging disc is pressing against the sciatic nerve, causing leg pain, numbness and tingling) I am back in physical therapy and have been referred to a back specialist/surgeon to see if sugery is an option. URG!!

March 7th - We enjoyed a beautiful weekend, it was in he 70s with a nice spring breeze all weekend. John was sick so we just hung out and relaxed most of the weekend. I started pulling some scrappy stuff out, I'm starting to feel the mojo!! I sure could get used to this weather, even though I am still looking for that hour someone stole from me Saturday :)

March 8th - Had another beautiful relaxing day! Started scrapping, went to the freezer for a Weight Watcher ice cream and they were melted. Yep, our freezer crapped out. I cooked a couple things that were still frozen and put them in the refrigerator since it was still cold in there. Well, Monday morning I woke up to luke warm orange juice :( Did I mention being an adult sucks sometimes??

March 9th - Physical therapy again then refrigerator shopping, woo-hoo!! Luckily John was off today and did some research and leg work, so I only had to go to one store and pick one. Hopefully they will be delivering it tomorrow.

ATTN ALL SCRAPPERS!!!!

Get your booty to www.scrap-a-latte.net Carla is hosting her All About Me crop on March 21st. You know you don't scrapbook yourself regularly, now is the chance! There will be awesome challenges and prizes, be there or be square :)

Then on Sunday, April 26th I will be hosting a Furry Friends Crop at Scrap-a-latte!! You know I love my furbaby Bear, there will be some awesome challenges and prizes!!

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2009 at 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great documentation of your life since last blog, how do you remember all of that? I hope they are able to help you pain, now that you have been properly diagnosis!

 
At March 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Dang girl...you need to start 2009 over!! I thought this year was supposed to be better. Maybe you got it all out in the first quarter!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home