Paying it forward...
I am a blog slacker lately, but I wanted to participate in the SAL Blog Challenges.
The topic a few weeks ago was to blog about someone that showed you or your family a random act of kindness. I think the biggest random act of kindness was when my dad died suddenly in 1997. He was a 28 year veteran of the Baltimore City Police Department. His entire squad made sure I was ok during the viewings, the funeral, the days, weeks, months AND YEARS following his sudden death. He was buried with full police department honors and his entire squad walked up, hugged me, shook John's hand, then saluted my dad. I still keep in touch with many of them, I will never forget their kind words, stories or shoulders I cried on.

2 Comments:
that is awesome to have that kind of support!
OMG!! It gave me chills reading this! I'm so glad that they continue to support you!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home